Summer Maintenance Checklist
Summer is now in full swing and are rounding up the top home maintenance items to tackle while the days are longer and the weather is hot!
1. Test your smoke detectors and replace as needed.
2. Dust off your fan blades and make sure your fans are working properly.
3. Get your chimney cleaned.
4. Check all carbon monoxide detectors.
5. Clean all windows inside and out.
6. Replace ripped screens.
7. Check for any rot around window, roof or chimney.
8. Make sure the grill is cleaned and ready to BBQ.
9. Power was the exterior of your home.
10. Give your deck a once over check for any rot or mold.
11. Pull weeds / apply weed and feed as needed.
12. Add a layer of mulch to beds.
13. Check for any leaks around your home.
14. Care for all your plants to make sure they thrive all summer long!
15. Add sprinkler if needed for watering grass / plants.
16. Protect your home from any unwanted house guests, caulk windows and doors to stop the bugs from getting in!
17. Pressure wash your driveway.
18. Clean out gutters and downspouts.
19. Get your roof inspected.
20. Upgrade your doormat to keep dirt out!
21. Touch up exterior paint.
22. Stain fence or deck.
23. Tackle some decluttering.
24. Add additional shade to your backyard seating area.
25. Consider using a clothesline to dry clothes.