5 Ways to Clean Up Your Home’s Exterior
With spring just around the corner, you may be wondering what you should do to get your home’s exterior ready for the coming season. After a long winter, there are several chores you can do around your yard and house to get them looking fantastic for spring and summer. Here are a few easy ideas.
1. Clean the Gutters. After fall and winter, the first thing you should do is clean your gutters. They’re likely full of leaves, branches, and other debris. Not only does this add excess weight to your gutters, but the debris can block the down spout, making it difficult for water to properly drain.
2. Power wash the siding. Your siding can collect dirt and other pollutants over time, causing discoloration. A power wash can remove all of the build up and get your house looking clean and new again.
3. Clean your deck. Similar to your gutters, your deck can collect leaves and other debris. Sweep your deck thoroughly and plan on power washing your deck to remove any dirt build up.
4. Tidy up your yard. Sticks, leaves, and other debris can collect on your lawn throughout the winter and get buried in the snowfall. Take some time to rake up debris and pick up anything laying in your yard to get it looking its best. Also make a plan to mow and edge your lawn as needed.
5. Inspect your roofing. Your roof takes a beating during the winter, so once the snow melts it’s important to inspect it to make sure everything is in order. Take note of any missing shingles, damaged shingles, or anything that seems to be out of place. We’re happy to take a look at it any make repairs as needed.
If you need help getting your home ready for the coming season, call us. Our cleaning and restoration teams are ready to help you get your home looking great again.