5 Places Mold Grows in Your Kitchen
Your kitchen is one of the most common places in your home to find mold. Moisture combined with warmth, food, and lack of ventilation can easily lead to mold growth. If you think you might have mold in your kitchen, here are a few places to look.
1. Kitchen sink. Between dirty dishes and water, kitchen sinks can be a home for mold. Be sure to clean your sink daily, and check underneath for any signs of mold growth as a result of a leak.
2. Refrigerator. If it has been a while since you’ve cleaned your refrigerator, it’s possible there might be mold inside. Old food combined with moisture and lack of ventilation can allow mold to grow and flourish. Be sure to regularly empty old food from your fridge, and give it a thorough cleaning.
3. Dishwasher. Similar to your fridge, dishwashers retain moisture, lack ventilation, and can contain old food particles. To prevent mold growth, clean your dishwasher weekly or monthly and leave it open after wash cycles so it’s able to thoroughly dry out inside.
4. Microwave. Microwaves can contain food spills which can be a mold magnet. If you notice something has spilled in your microwave, it’s a good idea to clean it up as soon as possible.
5. Pantry. If you have a large pantry, food can get forgotten and pushed into a corner. It’s important to stay on top of regularly cleaning and wiping down your pantry to ensure there aren’t any mold problems.
If you have discovered a mold problem in your home, we are ready to help. We’ll inspect the area, determine the cause of mold, and make a plan for remediation. Just give us a call!