• bobm949

How to Protect Your Home from a House Fire


House fires can be a big problem this time of the year. Between entertaining and cold weather, there are more opportunities for fires than normal. It’s important to be aware of these fire hazards so you can take preventative measures to ensure there are no surprises during your holiday season. Here are a few tips to help protect your home.

Keep a fire extinguisher handy. It’s important to have a fire extinguisher in your home in case of emergency. We suggest keeping one in your kitchen and in your living room if you have a fireplace. Make sure your family members know where they can access it at all times.

Maintain your smoke detector. Smoke detector batteries should be tested monthly and changed every 6 months to ensure they are working properly. Set an alert in your phone to remind you.

Don’t overload your outlets. Overloaded outlets are more common during holiday season with all of the lights and different electronics that are in use. It’s important not to overload them because it can lead to electrical fires.

Clean your dryer’s lint trap regularly. Dryer lint is very flammable, and it can cause a fire if it is left to build up. Be sure to empty the lint trap after every use.

Never leave your stove unattended. Unattended stoves are a big cause of household fires during the holiday season. It’s easy to get distracted when guests are around. Never leave your stove unsupervised by an adult, and be sure all flammable materials are far away.

We know fires never happen at a good time. If you have experienced a house fire, call our 24/7 emergency team.

Three Locations Serving Alaska:

(907) 344-1239

8535 Dimond D Circle, Suite A

Anchorage, AK 99515

(907) 373-1239

276 East Danna Avenue, Suite B

Wasilla, AK 99654

(907) 455-1239

1896 Marika Road #7

Fairbanks, AK 99709

Anchoage Location
Mat-Su Location
Fairbanks Location