5 Practical Reasons To Update Your Kitchen
Has it been a while since you have made any updates to your kitchen? You may be wondering if it’s time for a change. If your kitchen isn’t functioning like it should or is showing wear and tear, you may want to start thinking about it. Here are a few signs it may be time to consider making an update to your kitchen.
1. There are cracks in the grout. If you have a tiled backsplash or counter top with cracked grout, there could be potential for water damage. Use this as an opportunity to update the backsplash with new tile, or change out your countertop for a granite or quartz option. This isn’t only practical, but can change the look of your kitchen.
2. You are out of storage and counter space. If you’ve run out of storage, you may want to consider adding more cabinetry. Adding an island or a peninsula is a great way to increase storage and working space for preparing your meals.
3. Your appliances do not work like they used to. If you are having problems with your appliances, it may be time to change them out for newer models. Consider a stainless steel option to elevate the look for your space.
4. You have had a leak. If you’ve had a leak in your kitchen, there could be resulting water damage. For example, a dishwasher with a small leak can lead to mold growth and wood rot underneath the flooring. If the damage is severe, you may have to tear out and replace the flooring in these areas. Use this as an opportunity to choose a new flooring option for your kitchen. Tile and vinyl flooring are water resistant and great for kitchens and other wet areas.
5. The workspace does not flow. Is your kitchen workspace difficult to navigate? Ideally, your kitchen will have a work triangle to make it function as efficiently as possible. If you are frustrated with your workspace, consider reconfiguring the location of your appliances. This may be a larger kitchen renovation, but the ease of use can make it worth it.
If you are ready to update your kitchen, call us. We will work with you to design and plan your ideal space.