5 Ways to Make Your Home Look More Expensive
If your home is looking and feeling bland, you may be wondering what you can do to improve its overall appearance. There are several upgrades you can do to update your home without taking on a full remodel. These easy fixes can be tackled in a weekend and can dramatically improve the look of your space.
1. Built-Ins. Adding built-ins to your home is not only a great way to add storage, but it can make your home look more put together. Consider adding a built in entertainment center around your television, or add built in bookshelves to store and organize your items.
2. Molding. Adding molding to your home is relatively easy and can instantly make it look more expensive. Molding can be added to your baseboards, ceilings, or chair rail, and can be purchased in a variety of different styles.
3. Upgrade finishings. An easy way to make your home look more luxurious is to upgrade the finishings. Consider replacing old, dated drawer pulls and knobs with a modern option. Trade out your old house numbers for a sleeker, more modern version. These small changes can make a big impact.
4. Change window treatments. Old, discolored, and damaged window treatments can easily date your home. Consider upgrading them with newer, more contemporary styles to bring them into the current decade.
5. Switch light fixtures. Many homes come with standard light fixtures that are either boring or can date your home. Upgrading these light fixtures with a modern version can make the space seem new again.
If you are ready to make any changes to your home, our remodel team can help you select your finishes and install them. Call us at 907-344-1239 to start the process.