5 Cleaning Projects to Prep for Spring
Spring is officially here and warmer weather is just around the corner. You may want to start thinking about spring cleaning your home to prepare yourself for the upcoming season. We’ve compiled a list of 5 different places in your home that could use some extra attention while you’re planning your spring cleaning projects.
1. Refrigerator. With warmer weather comes less comfort food and more fresh fruits and vegetables. Take a moment to empty your fridge of old leftovers and any expired items to make room for produce and other food. Make sure to thoroughly clean and wash all of the shelves and drawers.
2. Windows. Start off the season with clean windows to let in the natural light. Make a plan to clean both the inside and outside for the best possible result. It’s also a good idea to have your window treatments professionally cleaned to remove any dirt and dust that they’ve collected over the past few months.
3. Oven. When was the last time you cleaned your oven? If it looks dirty and has a burning smell every time you use it, it’s overdue for a cleaning. If you have an automatic cleaning cycle on your oven, make sure to clean any spills or large pieces of food before running it to prevent a possible flare up. Otherwise baking soda, water, and dish soap work well.
4. Carpets. If you have carpeted floors, you may want to consider a professional cleaning. While vacuuming removes some dirt and grime, it doesn’t remove all of it. A deep cleaning will thoroughly cleanse your carpet to remove any germs and improve the overall appearance.
5. Gutters. Gutters are prone to collecting debris throughout the fall and winter months. Things like sticks, leaves, and other things can get stuck inside and cause a clog. This can cause rainwater to overflow onto your roof and seep into your attic. Make a plan to clean your gutters before the rainy season to ensure your home is free of any leaks.
If you are interested in hiring professional cleaners to get your home looking great for spring, our team can help. No job is too big or too small.