How to Prepare Your Home to Sell
It's officially spring and you may be thinking about selling your home. Spring is the most popular time for real estate, and if your plans involve making a move, it’s time to get started on preparing your home to sell. Remember, simple changes can go a long way and help attract potential buyers. If you need help getting your home in the best shape possible, our team is experienced in cleaning, repairs, and getting your home to look its best.
1. Curb appeal. It’s important that the exterior is attractive and presentable. Make plans to freshen up faded paint, fix any broken or missing pavers, clear any debris from your roof, and gutters, and make sure your grass and shrubs are trimmed. Your home’s exterior should draw people in, not make them turn away.
2. Clean your carpets. Flooring is often one of the most important features of a home, so make sure they look their best. A deep carpet cleaning can make it look like you’ve recently replaced them, and will help freshen up the entire space.
3. Remove clutter. It’s normal to have clutter around your home, but when you’re listing your house, it’s best to remove it. A clean, clutter-free room is less distracting and helps buyers see the purpose of a space. Too much clutter could highlight storage issues and be off-putting.
4. Deep Clean. If it has been a while since you’ve deep cleaned your house, now is the time to do it. Wipe down baseboards, remove any cobwebs, polish faucets, thoroughly scrub your bathroom, have your upholstery professionally cleaned, and clean the insides of your appliances. Remember, buyers pay close attention to detail, so it’s important to make sure every area of your home is in the best possible shape.
5. Make repairs. Take a look at your home from a buyer’s perspective, and make note of anything that needs to be repaired. This includes burnt out light bulbs, cracks in the walls, squeaky doors, and chipped paint. Make a plan to repair all of these issues before your home is on the market.
By preparing your home to list ahead of time, you’ll have a good jump start on the market this spring. If you need any help getting your home into selling shape, we can help. Our cleaning and repair teams will work with you to target any areas that need extra attention to get your home looking as good as new. We’ll deep clean your upholstery, carpets, blinds, and other areas of your home that need special attention. Our handyman service can also assist with any other projects around your home. Don’t hesitate to call us.