5 Inexpensive Winter Home Improvement Projects
Many people put a pause on home improvement projects when snow and cold weather hit, but there is no reason to stop the renovations due to the weather. Many projects can be easily completed indoors and can make a big impact on the appearance of your space. Here are a few different renovation ideas to keep you busy this winter.
1. Interior paint. A new interior paint job is easy to do in the winter, and can make your home look new again. You can hire professional painters or do the job yourself which can save you labor costs. New paint has a very high return on investment depending on the color you choose, so if you’re thinking about selling, it’s time to get started!
2. Add a backsplash. Thinking about a new kitchen or bathroom backsplash? A new backsplash can easily update and modernize the look of your space. You can choose to hire a professional, or if you have tiling experience you can take on the project yourself.
3. Install crown molding. If you’re looking to upgrade the look of your space and add value to your home, consider adding crown molding. It’s relatively affordable can add a big impact to the overall look of your home.
4. Upgrade to a smart thermostat. Smart home gadgets are growing increasingly popular and for a good reason. They improve the everyday function of your home. A smart thermostat will allow you to easily regulate the temperature in your home - you can even keep an eye on the temperature from your smart phone. Overtime this can save you money on your monthly heating and cooling bill.
5. Refinish old fixtures. If aspects of your home look outdated but you don’t want take on a full remodel, consider refinishing different areas of your home. Updating hardware like knobs and pulls could completely change the look of a piece of furniture or cabinet. Repainting or re-staining your kitchen or bathroom cabinets could give the space a totally different look. There are many ways to get creative and make improvements.
If you need help with renovating your home, we can help. Our team has completed many home transformations, and we would love to help you create your ideal space.