5 New Year’s Resolutions for Your Home
When it comes to making New Year’s Resolutions, don’t forget about your home resolutions. There are many things you can do throughout the year to improve the health, safety, and functionality of your home.
1. Stay on top of your alarm systems. Set a schedule to test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Each should be tested monthly, and the batteries should be replaced twice a year to be safe.
2. Keep your air clean. How frequently do you change your furnace’s air filters? Your air filter should be changed at least every 3 months, and more frequently if you have pets or family members with allergies. A fresh filter helps to keep your air quality clean and allows your furnace to function properly.
3. Renovate a problem area. If you have an area in your home that isn’t working well for you, it may be time to consider renovating. Start by making a list of things that don’t function well, and come up with a plan to remedy them. After the remodel is complete you’ll be happier with the overall functionality of your home.
4. Save energy. Make a conscious effort to save electricity (and money!) in your home this year. Make sure you turn off the lights whenever you leave a room, and put your thermostat on a timer so it’s not using energy when you’re not home. Check your windows and doors for any drafts so you can take steps to stop air from entering you home.
5. Organize your space. After living in the same house for a long time, it’s normal for certain areas to become disorganized. Make a resolution to organize any space that has gotten out of order. Consider adding extra storage or have a yard sale to get rid of any unused items.
By making home resolutions and sticking to them, you’ll find that your house is a much more calming place to be. If you need any help with remodeling or cleaning your home, give us a call. We’re happy to help you get started on your New Year’s Resolutions!