• bobm949

Fire Damage and Your Health


If you’ve experienced a fire in your home, one of the most important things to be aware of afterwards is your health. There are various pollutants and other harmful chemicals floating in the air even after a fire has been put out. Proper remediation is so important after a fire to remove these health risks and get your home back to normal. Here are a few warning signs to look for if you’ve experienced post-fire health risks.

If you’ve been exposed to poor air quality, you may begin to have respiratory issues. You may have shortness of breath, coughing, gasping, or other breathing related problems. The postulants in the air make their way into your body and can cause serious damage if you are exposed for a long period of time.

Mold allergies are another big health concern after a fire. Once a fire has been put out, there is likely water damage due to extinguishing the fire. Water damage causes mold to grow, which can result in an allergic reaction. Symptoms of mold allergies include respiratory issues, eye irritation, and skin irritation.

Once a fire has occurred in your home, it’s extremely important to have the damage inspected by a professional. While it may only look like cosmetic damage has occurred, there could potentially be bigger problems in the home’s interior. Our 24/7 emergency team is ready to help at any time post-fire. We can make sure your home is structurally sound, board it up, and we can even work with your insurance company to ease your stress. Don’t hesitate to call us.

Three Locations Serving Alaska:

(907) 344-1239

8535 Dimond D Circle, Suite A

Anchorage, AK 99515

(907) 373-1239

276 East Danna Avenue, Suite B

Wasilla, AK 99654

(907) 455-1239

1896 Marika Road #7

Fairbanks, AK 99709

Anchoage Location
Mat-Su Location
Fairbanks Location