How to Keep Your Car Fresh
We’ve all been there before. You offer a ride to a friend and then pause. “When did I clean my car last?” you think to yourself as panic sets in. You immediately regret your offer as you rush over to tidy up before they get inside. We spend a lot of time in our cars and they have a tendency to collect things and smells. Keeping your car clean doesn’t have to be time consuming or difficult. Here are a few tips to make sure your vehicle is always in great shape.
1. Take out the trash daily. Start a habit of removing the trash and other items from your car every day. It’s amazing how quickly things accumulate, and having a nice debris-free car makes a big difference in cleanliness.
2. Use floor mats. Floor mats will help collect the dirt that always gathers on the bottom of your car floor. Once you have these in use they’re easy to quickly clean – you just need to shake them out a few times a month or give them a quick vacuum.
3. Add an air freshener. Once the new car smell has faded, consider adding an air freshener to keep your car smelling fresh. While you may associate car air fresheners with hanging pine trees, many companies have come out with modern styles in a variety of scents that easily clip into your air vents.
4. Start a cleaning schedule. Most people have schedules to clean their home and do laundry, so why not schedule a time to clean your car each week. A quick vacuum and wipe down goes a long way.
5. Get your car detailed. There’s no better way to freshen up your car then to get it professionally detailed. Even if you clean your car regularly, a good detail will deep clean your car and make it seem like new again.